Monday, May 18, 2020

Milk and Cookies

The best thing about being homeschooled was snack time. In public school when 10:00 am hit, there were no fresh cookies coming out of the oven to munch on. As a kid there was nothing at school that could top that; other than being let out for the summer....

Unless you have children, or are a hobbit, most people don't observe snack time as an adult. I, on the other hand, mark the hours in a day by food. The day is broken up into segments between the following times: breakfast 7-8 am, morning snack 10-10:30 am, lunch 12-1 pm, afternoon snack 3-3:30 pm, dinner 5:30-7 pm, and depending on what time dinner is an evening snack. I didn't realize this was unusual until about 10 years ago when I noticed I was the only camp intern that brought a backpack full of snacks on our field trips... (I've learned the hard way, always pack water and snacks no matter how short the trip is supposed to be.)

My eating habits aside, in the midst of all the uncertainty I thought I would share a positive revelation I've had about the whole lockdown situation. The one good thing, possibly the best thing, about working from home is I HAVE WARM COOKIES FOR SNACK TIME AGAIN! And they are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment