Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sittin' on a crate

I sit on a milk crate, in the heat, for 10 hours a day, surrounded by people speaking another language I don't know but almost recognize; something’s got to give. Today I determined that the hours I have with just my thoughts is going to cause one of three things to happen:
1) I go insane.
2) I become very wise and insightful.
3) I end up with boku hours of wasted time.
Three is a given, there's no way I can sort plant well and constantly be thinking in-depth. One has already occurred, so maybe, new insanity will clash with current crazy and create the next great thinker. That's my vote anyway. What's yours?

2 comments:

  1. 4) You go a bit crazy now, but less crazy than if you were in a cubicle of an office without windows.

    5) You use these times to develop spiritual disciplines (breath prayer, God triggers: http://www.upperroom.org/daily/?p=4089, http://www.fbcslo.org/tag/practices)

    6) Enlightenment comes from the insanity and boku hours of wasted time. "Experience is shown as the best way to approach understanding of reality and attain enlightenment" (from Wikipedia's article on Siddhartha)... that's basically a fancy way of stating your combination of all your ideas.

    7) You get enough money to purchase and taste test every variety of chocolate milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So basically I'll have enlightenment and discipline mastered at the end of three weeks? I'll take it.

    Oh and #7 is my new purpose in life.

    Siddhartha?

    ReplyDelete