Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Today my foot caught on a sandbag and I fell like a unsteady one-year-old trying to run. Yep, you guessed it, right in front of pretty much everyone I work with. All the ladies were right there, watching, ladies who's respect I'm kinda trying to earn. (Although being the the bosses daughter kinda gives me an  edge).

Sometimes I think they see me as a rather incompetent big kid and it's a success that I just have my shoes tied most the time. I'm pretty sure hitting my head on the awning, slipping as I try to sit, and of course today's fall doesn't help.

Although one of the ladies did play a game with me today. We put a sweet potato on a sprinkler and tried to hit it off. Let's just say I did not get the prize.

On a different note, I shall be entering my nomination for the klutz of the year award.

1 comment:

  1. I think it makes you more human... at least if you're able to laugh at yourself. One of the few times I've been able to connect (albeit briefly) with complete strangers is when I've fallen or nearly fallen. My favorite was when I tripped, nearly ate it but caught myself, and then naturally looked up to see if anyone saw... someone grinned at me, and I don't remember if they actually said anything or not, but they conveyed something to the effect of "Yeah, I saw that haha." It made me grin and laugh along at myself. Good times :-)

    ReplyDelete