Monday, March 25, 2013

The Lost Shall be Found

Me on a very crowded Amtrak train

I recently lost my camera. I cleaned out three cars, straightened my room, called the friend I had visited to see if I’d left it there, suffice to say, in the course of two weeks I looked everywhere. No dice, the only thing I could find was my spare battery. I didn’t start to worry until 3 days before heading down south to go to a wedding and see some friends I hadn’t seen in twoish years. Then I remembered my blog about Mueller, and decided a specific prayer was in order.  So I prayed, and a day before my train got my sister’s to pray. 

The prayer was that I would find my camera before I left. Around 9:30, night before above mentioned train I started to pack, pulled out my backpack and realize it felt a little heavy. Wondering I peered in and sure enough, there was my camera. Sitting there, waiting for me to take the trip. I swear I had looked there, but I must not have. I don’t know how I missed the weight when hanging my backpack up, but I did.  A lost camera seems like a silly thing to pray about, but maybe I needed a reminder to talk to God, maybe I need to see a specific prayer answered, I really don’t know, I’m just glad I have my camera. I was so excited I called my sister and pretended to be the butt of a blond joke.

 Which leads me to a question(s) that is in no way related to my story.  And since my known consistent fan base consists of best friends and relatives, I may not get any responses to my question(s). But that’s alright, I was surprised with the camera, maybe I’ll be astounded with this. They are question(s) for those who grew up in the Church. If you didn’t that’s ok, I’m not opposed to people weighing in with observations.

1      1)  What do you remember most about church kid programs?
                2)  What sorts of programs did you participate in?
          3) Where there specific things that helped you learn, or remember best?
          4)  Is there anything you wished for as a kid? (Or now). Oh and that’s wished for in regards to the programs, not like childhood toy wish list.
         5) What are some strengths of the programs you attended or have been involved in?
         6) What are some weaknesses?
7           7) What do you think is the point of kid church programs?
         8) What do you think is the key to creating the most awesome, amazing, fantastic program?


      Ok, so I guess it was questions after all. I don’t really expect anyone to answer all eight, but if you have thoughts on one you’re willing to share, just put the number then your insight. This is not for a class, I’m just trying to sort some stuff in la cabeza. Regardless, feel free to pass this around to any friends, family or acquaintances you think might have “views”. 

      Now to find a way make this look less boring. My picture should do the trick.





2 comments:

  1. I like how your picture goes with the title...

    Here's what I have so far for responses. I don't know if I'll get to the rest or not, but I figured something was better than nothing:

    1)  What do you remember most about church kid programs?
    Hanging out with my friends. Songs with Betsy and her guitar. Cool crafts when we got older. VBS. Memory verses. Verse look-up races.

    2)  What sorts of programs did you participate in?
    Sunday school (at the same time as/in place of big church). Trailblazers (4th/5th grade) on Wed nights.

    3) Where there specific things that helped you learn, or remember best?
    Songs. Prizes/recognition. Making the lesson an activity (I still remember in 5th or 6th grade when we learned about the 12 Tribes and we got to break into groups that represented each tribe and build our own tents! My group was Reuben and we had a sweet checkerboard sheet for a tent. We did that for at least 2-3 weeks, and it was way cooler to listen to the lesson from a tent/fort.

    4) Is there anything you wished for as a kid?
    Uh, we wanted to be as cool as the older kids (HS) who played loud music and crashed into the walls. So we pushed chairs into the walls back at them. But generally I was pretty content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your answers. I'm curious.

    2) Why did you only do Trailblazers two years?

    3) The tents sound AWESOME! That's pretty brilliant. What did you use for the frame, chairs, pvc? My parents once made us a tepee outside and I can remember Mom reading to us while we sad in it. Your right it was cooler to listen from there.

    Prizes/recognition for what exactly? Memory verses, the look up races, games?

    4) Running into walls, and deciding shoving chairs equates cool, alright, not what I would have thought of that in a million years. Something "off the wall," I like that.

    ReplyDelete