Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Success

At the gas station this morning on my way to work I saw a man with a pet raccoon. It made me wonder a) where he was from; and b) if he was in control of his mental facilities. My knowledge of raccoon's is that they're messy, can drown a dog, don't back down and are just generally mean. However they do make fantastic hats. Why anyone would have one on a leash, let alone in a car with them, is beyond me. 

At work Megan and I baked a cake. On break. In the microwave. (No, there were no fires). With two ingredients.  

Yup, all you need to make a cake is a box mix and a 12 oz can of soda. Sprite or 7-up for a white yellow cake and I think Coke or Pepsi for chocolate. That's it. Mix and nuke about 8-10 min. Or put it in the oven.

I must admit the top doesn't turn brown with microwaving, so if you go that route, definitely throw some frosting on. The cake's quite moist although oddly crumbly. I don't really know how to explain it. Try it and you'll see what I mean. 

After that I contributed to making a kid cry. (Future note, a kid wanting to look at a Disney key, it isn't just cause they want to look at it. They actually want a real key and to buy it with their own money. I'm pretty sure a) didn't know what a real key was and b) did not have $5 bucks burning a hole in my pocket at that age). 

All in all a successful day. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm rather amazed on the lack of fire...

    Maybe the racoon man was getting ready to have a hat made! But he had a big head, so he needed a big one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt it, but your brain, in this, is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete