Thursday, October 18, 2012

Whatever Happened to Thanksgiving?

Putting Christmas stuff out at work. SERIOUSLY IT'S MID OCTOBER!!!!!!!! The sad part is, we're not even one of the early one's. Some places have had it out for months now almost skipping Halloween. And forget Thanksgiving, you know that holiday where we celebrate, parades, football, and gluttony. (Don't get me wrong, I love and fully participate in all three).

Are we so impatient and consumer driven we can't wait until Thanksgiving to get ready for Christmas? I understand enjoying the holiday's but come on. Staring so soon robs them of what makes them so special; a set amount of time of anticipation and stress. There is something sacred about that month between the Fourth Thursday in November and December 25. Stop trying to rob me of that joy. Starting the season sooner cheapens it.

I refuse to have my holiday's soiled and here by officially protest and boycott Christmas in October. Or even early November. If  you see me caving and considering purchasing Christmas decor  or hear me humming carols before Thanksgiving, please just knock me out cold turkey.

My plan, to enjoy life as it's here, specifically one holiday at a time. So who's with me in protesting the retailer distortion and destruction of the holidays?

No, I don't actually expect a response to that call to arms. That would be weird. But let your back burner simmer it for a bit. I think you'll find I'm right.


No comments:

Post a Comment