Friday, September 7, 2012

The Last Supper a True Miracle

Tonight I had an epiphany. On the night of the Last Supper Jesus was working an awesome, mind blowing, unrecognized miracle. "Well, of course He was" you say. "Everyone knows He singled out Judas as the Betrayer and called Peter's Denial.  What else do you call predicting the future."

But I'm not talking about that, nor am referring to the BIG MIRACLE He was setting the stage for. No I'm talking about one that's crazier.

Have you ever stopped to look at the famous painting of the Last Supper? If not take a look at the picture that I have posted for educational purposes. There's a version hanging by my stairs. (The one posted. Don't know if you can tell from the photo, but that's glitter around the clothes. I've never seen another version quite like it. And the frame, which you can't really see, is wood. Pretty sweet.)  Anyway, on my way to bed I noticed something, you have a tiny table with twelve uncouth guys crowded around it, and not one spilled glass. What are the odds? It's a Miracle I tell you, there's no other explanation.

That night with all the crazy stuff about to go down, with His friends about to Betray Him and Death awaiting, Jesus made sure not to stain the table cloth or waste the wine. Amazing isn't it?

What can I say, He pays attention to details.

5 comments:

  1. I had never thought of that. Good thing it ain't me in charge of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I really enjoyed the build-up in this. I was not expecting the conclusion/punchline! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete