Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Gots Culture

Today via discussion with a friend I realized that the town of, blink-and-you'll-miss-it, Stevinson has more culture than Bakersfield. Not that I expect much from the city "affectionately" known as CA's armpit, but still I was shocked.

 Can you imagine never eating clam chowder and not knowing about homemade ice cream?!? The second one left me speechless; around here even the cows know about homemade ice cream! Don't believe me, head over to Hilmar Cheese and watch the video.

Oh just in case anyone's reading this for the first time, I don't actually live in Stevinson. Or Hilmar for that matter. I live near a much bigger city called Livingston.

3 comments:

  1. You'll enjoy that the joke name sign in ASL for Bakersfield is Death Town lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup :) I did always enjoy that random tidbit :)

    ReplyDelete