Saturday, March 31, 2012

Green Eggs and Ham a Deep Theological Book

"I would not, could not, in the rain.
Not in the dark. Not on a train.
Not in a tree. Not in a car.
God, just let me be!"

Wonder if Doc Seuss ever realized how accurately he summed up man's response to God. Or God's response to man. With a relentless, creative, patient love He tries to show our stubborn selves something amazing and fantastic.

"You do not like it so you say.
Try it! Try it! And you may.
Try it and you may I say."

The decision is ours, and guess what happens when we finally concede...yup, He was right. Again. It gets annoying sometimes. He always wins the argument. Then again if God was losing arguments to me He really wouldn't be worth following. Just saying.

Man, I've been awake waaay to long. I'm seeing theology in Green Eggs and Ham and I haven't even read the book recently!!!

If this seems to be random that's because it is. I'm not even sure how I arrived at this point at 11 pm. But I did.

And now it's sleep time. Good night world.


2 comments: